Neuschwanstein – King Ludwig’s dream of a medieval castle came true
Highline 179 – almost 180 meters above ground
Hohenschwangau seen from the valley below Neuschwanstein
Linderhof Palace, King Ludwig’s Alpine summer hideaway
Up with a chair lift, down with the roller coaster - lots of family fun!
Just one of the many picturesque views of Oberammergau
Neuschwanstein & More - Private Day Tour by Car
Neuschwanstein (pronounced [noi:shvan:shtine], in english: “New Swan Stone”) is the most famous of the Bavarian Royal Castles. Beside a tour inside Neuschwanstein, in this tour you will also see some more Royal Palaces, and also discover the most beautiful parts of Bavaria in a comfortable and custom day trip.
The tour leads through scenic pre-alpine landscapes with several interesting, beautiful, and fun stops on the way. Of course, your private guide will provide you with information about everything you see and will show you what makes Bavaria the most popular state in Germany.
Here are some of the highlights you will see on this tour:
- Neuschwanstein Castle – King Ludwig II's fairy tale castle, where we will participate in an official guided tour (we will reserve your skip-the-line-tickets)
- Hohenschwangau Castle, Ludwig II’s father’s summer residence (from the outside)
- Oberammergau, an idyllic village with a wood carving tradition and houses with traditional wall paintings, and the home of a famous passion play
Optional Stops in this tour include:
- Linderhof Palace, King Ludwig II’s summer hideaway (with a tour inside the palace, or just strolling through the beautiful landscape garden)
- Wieskirche, Ettal or Rottenbuch Monastery, some of the most beautiful baroque churches in Bavaria
- Highline 179, the world's longest suspension bridge in tibet style and the medieval castle ruins of Ehrenberg
- Alpine Coaster, a downhill toboggan run, starting at a cozy alpine lodge restaurant.
- Want to add some extra steps? if you like hiking, we can also do a 1 hour hike up to the mountain lodge, and also the way up to Neuschwanstein Castle or to the Highline 179 can be done in a beautiful hike.
- Zugspitze – Top of Germany – take the cable car up to the highest peak of Germany for some great views.
- Up for the special kick? Fly over the Royal Castles in a paraglider. Tandem jumps can be booked at around € 200, depending on weather conditions.
Talking about restaurants: It is up to you whether you wish to sit down for a hearty lunch, or just grab a sandwich to save time for more activities. Everything can be decided during the tour, depending on your pace, the weather conditions, traffic, and your personal preferences...
Price of this Tour: € 920.00
(valid for up to 3 passengers; each additonal p.: € 25)
Duration: approximately 9 to 10 hours
Possible Start Times: 7:30 to 9:30
What is included:
- Our knowledge and passion as your private tour guide
- Private transportation in a minivan
- Insurance, parking, taxes
- On board bottled water
What is extra:
- Admission fees: € 17.50 per adult for the tour inside Neuschwanstein Castle. Please note: we will reserve your skip-the-line tickets for Neuschwanstein as soon as you booked the tour. In case no more tickets are available online, we can use our last-minute ticket service for an additional € 30 (total for all travelers).
- Meals/snacks, souvenirs, …
Admission Fees on this Tour (2022):
- Neuschwanstein Castle: Adults: 17.50. Seniors (over 64 years): 16.50. Children and youth under 18: free
- Carriage at Neuschwanstein (per person): € 7.00, down: € 3.50
Bus at Neuschwanstein (per person): € 2.50 , down: € 1.50
- Hohenschwangau Castle: € 23.50, from 7 to 17 years old: € 20.50
- Linderhof Palace: € 10, children and youth under 18: free
- Highline 179: € 8, reduced rates for kids
- Alpine Coaster Oberammergau: € 14, reduced rates for kids
- Zugspitze Cable Car “Top of Germany”: € 63.00, reduced rates for kids and youth
To check availability and receive your personal offer, please click here:
bookings and inquiries
>> The Munich Experience - Private Half Day City Tour (driving and walking)
>> Bavarian Royal Castles - Private Day Tour by Car
>> Dachau Concentration Camp Memorial & Third Reich
>> in Munich
>> Munich Layover Tours - Private and Custom City Tours
>> by Car
>> Salzburg and more - Private Day Tour by Car
>> Nuremberg - Private Day Tour by Car
>> Romantic Road to Rothenburg - Private Day Tour by Car